Issuance of Marriage Licenses
Please read the following guidelines closely:
- One party must be a resident of Tangipahoa Parish.
- You will need to visit our website www.tangiclerk.org and make sure you have all the required documentation to obtain a marriage license as we will not be issuing birth certificates.
- From the website, you will need to schedule an appointment and provide us with a cell number to contact you.
- Click here to fill out your marriage application online.
- Click here to schedule an appointment.
- Only one party needs to be present to purchase the license but must bring all required documentation for both parties.
- Please adhere to the CDC guidelines and wear a facemask when coming to purchase the license.
Marriage licenses are good for 30 days from the date of purchase. So, if your wedding is scheduled for mid or late May, please wait closer to your marriage date before trying to purchase. We want to be able to issue those licenses for people who have dates set for early May first.
When you arrive for your appointment time, please call 985-748-8015, and we will give you further instructions.