Current Election News
Election Day Is Tuesday, November 03, 2020
Polls Open At 6:00am And Close At 8:00pm
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER for this Election:
- Last Day to Register in PERSON or by MAIL to Vote: 10/05/20
- Last day to Register to Vote using Geaux Vote Online Registration: 10/13/20
- Early voting EXTENDED TO 10 DAYS AND TIME INCREASED (8:00 am – 7:00 pm each day): 10/20/20 - 10/27/20
***Persons who want to cast an early ballot in person should do so at their local Registrar of Voters office. Louisiana Law provides for early voting by mail, and special provisions are in place for persons in the military. Voters who are physically unable to vote in person at the polls on Election Day and/or who are unable to vote in person at the registrar’s office may be eligible for the Special Program for Physically Handicapped Voters.***
Reminder: Valid identification is required when voting. Please take a picture ID to polls. Voters with only a utility bill, payroll check or government document with their name and address must sign an affidavit furnished by the Elections Division in order to vote.
What will be voted on:
PARISH WIDE RACES:
- President of the United States
- U.S. Senator
- U.S. Representative, 1st Cong. District
- U.S. Representative, 5th Cong . District
- Public Service Commission, District 1
- 21st JDC Judge, Division “F”
- Constable, Justice of the Peace Ward 8
- City of Hammond: City Court Judge, City Court Marshal
- Town of Amite: Mayor, Chief of Police, Council Districts 1, 3-5
- Town of Roseland: Mayor, Chief of Police, Aldermen
- Village of Tangipahoa: Mayor, Chief of Police, Aldermen
Want to view a Sample Ballot for your precinct?
Want to view a List of Candidates for this election?
Need to know Where to Vote for this election?
Want to view a List of Precincts in Tangipahoa Parish and their locations?
Questions or inquires?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rebecca Borras @ 985-748-4146.
WANT TO BE A PART OF THE ELECTION PROCESS?
If you are an election commissioner or are interested in becoming a commissioner, CLICK HERE!